Resort 2018 Influencer Show: Bottega Veneta
The Resort collections have been slow to kick off this season, but Tomas Maier injected some much-needed season-neutral looks into the proceedings with his latest offering of stealth-wealth pieces full of want-it-now appeal.
It was luxe-touch fabrics all the way, from the sinuous silk jerseys and printed duchesse satins to Maier’s colourful shearlings and classic suede and leather, coupled with cashmere knits and crisp denim.
Colour emphasised that non-seasonal quality with a bias towards cool blues and greens, contrasted with rich autumnal browns and berry tones. Soft ivory added an essential timeless counterbalance, and there was a single nod to the current obsession with sugar-coated millennial pink.
Overall, silhouettes had a subtle, retro 70s feel, from the duo of pleated silk jersey dresses to fantasy-shearling chubby coats and a windowpane-checked cropped double-breasted jacket and matching A-line skirt, with casual field-jacket pocket placements compounding the vintage look.
That below-the-knee A-line shape was the collection’s recurring theme, often balanced with high-set waist detailing, or worked on a sharp skirt and bloused track top in a beautifully etched floral-print satin. Clusters of butterflies were strategically placed to add waist emphasis to gentle fit-and-flare dresses, while mini dome-headed studs added a harder-edged appeal.
Finishing touches included offbeat-plated, ribbed three-quarter-length socks, waisted Louis-heeled courts and covetable floral-embroidered woven leather purse bags with matching laced boots.
NEED TO KNOW:
- Subtle vintage 70s influences
- A-line below-the-knee silhouettes with high waist detailing
- A contradictory cool-warm palette, with blues and greens looking fresh and new
- Sinuous silk jersey and crisp satin balanced by double-faced wools and shearling
- Finely rendered botanical floral prints and clustered butterflies add to the season-neutral appeal
- Field-jacket pockets, front-crease jeans and studlets emphasise the 70s look