Business Development Manager
Location: New York
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for taking the lead in the development of new business opportunities that support Stylus’ growth strategy. The role will suit someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, passion for sales and a proven track record of success.
- Develop a business plan for assigned territory or industry vertical, identifying key players and implementing strategy to bring new clients on board
- Liaise with Marketing, Client Services, Advisory and Content teams to gain a forensic understanding of the Stylus product
- Operating a solution sales approach, apply industry knowledge to understand marketing, design, consumer and other related strategies or development areas a b2b client may have and develop proposals to best position Stylus as a solution to these issues
- Autonomously manage end to end process of sales cycle from researching leads to closing deals with proven ability to multi-task across managing multiple clients at different points of the sales process
- Operate a ‘volume’ approach to sales as well as cultivate longer term ‘C’ level relationships to extend client relationship into advisory services New business
- Be a CRM ‘master’, recording all activity in Salesforce
Required skills & qualifications
- Educated to at least degree level in related discipline
- An experienced solution-seller with minimum 3-5 years b2b sales experience, ideally gained in a variety of industries and preferably selling into b2b companies and agencies
- A skilled and resilient influencer and negotiator who can work under pressure and who thrives on meeting deadlines and exceeding targets
- A results-oriented, commercially savvy and natural problem solver – key to fully understanding and articulating the Stylus offering