Junior Sub Editor
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for an eagle-eyed junior sub-editor to support our busy Content team. This is a key position and would suit someone with strong editing skills, rigorous attention to detail and a natural curiosity – you’ll be spending your days immersed in future insights.
You’ll be comfortable working to tight deadlines whilst maintaining the highest standards. You will also be happy to carry out basic administrative tasks, including maintaining file structures and creating the weekly subbing schedule.
You’ll be working with teams outside of Content as well, including Sales and Marketing, so excellent communication skills – both verbal and written – are a must.
- Sub-edit online news, features and other content – checking for accuracy, context, grammar and spelling and maintaining consistency with house style
- Work with speed and accuracy
- Use the Content Management System to correct errors on website
- Work closely with the Sub Editor in defining the house style and setting standards through proofreading and educating others in company style and flow
- Work closely with the production team on page layout, imagery and headlines
- Proof printed marketing collateral
- Planning and managing the weekly subbing schedule
- General admin tasks
Required skills & qualifications
- Educated to at least degree level in a related discipline
- Exceptional attention to detail, understanding of language, punctuation and grammar
- Commercial awareness, understanding of industry and Stylus clients
- Passion for subject
- Proactive and versatile, strives for excellence