Location: USA 🇺🇸
How to apply: Please submit your application with a resume and covering letter.
The Stylus Advisory team creates dynamic, future-facing reports and presentations for our clients across the world. We bring Stylus trends and intelligence to life and conduct bespoke trends, consumer insight and futures research. Our work is fast-paced and future looking. Our clients are some of the biggest brands in the world.
At any one time we are working on multiple projects, across a wide range of industries from beauty to beverages, automotive to augmented reality, fashion to finance, travel to transport.
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on strategist to join our global team, with the enthusiasm, gravitas, and industry knowledge to play key part in the creation and delivery of client-facing work.
Leading individual projects and deliveries of consumer, trends and futures insights collaboration with the Advisory team:
- Scoping projects with clients, ensuring a fit between our methodologies and client needs and collaboratively creating project timelines including client check-ins and final deliveries
- Planning, conducting and commissioning trends research, working with our internal research team and our external freelancers and regional correspondents. Liaising with Advisory Operations across budget planning and tracking
- Analysing and synthesising research from multiple sources to create impactful and insightful Advisory reports and presentations
- Creating and editing slides in Keynote, and managing researcher input to Keynote decks, ensuring that final deliverables are high quality and appropriate for specific client audiences
- Delivering Advisory work – often live (both virtually and in-person) – to client audiences in formats including one-to-one meetings, workshops, panels and large audience presentations
Collaborating with the Advisory and wider Stylus teams:
- Sharing responsibilities on projects with other Advisory strategists, to adhere to timelines
- Managing your own administration in our internal systems and data tracking, meeting deadlines and sharing information to ensure team effectiveness and success
- Helping to manage, mentor and develop Advisory researchers and trainees
- Working with Stylus Client Services and Commercial teams to deliver work effectively, grow our business and ensure client success
- Representing Stylus at events and meetings
- Presenting Stylus work on webinars and at conferences and events, including moderating and appearing on panels
- Joining our Commercial and Client Services teams on client and sales calls and meetings to demonstrate our insights, thinking and professionalism
- Experience in analysing and communicating global consumer insights to benefit clients
- Exceptional research skills, clear and accurate writing skills, experience creating content that uses both text and visuals effectively
- The ability to understand and articulate the future needs of consumers and target audiences and make these relevant to global businesses
- A confident presenter with the ability to hold a large audience’s attention to inform and inspire
- An understanding of how different industry sectors (e.g. retail, product design, fashion, hospitality, marketing) are influenced and motivated by wider cultural, social and technological change, together with an awareness of the intersections between these industries
- The curiosity and creativity to make insightful links between research and trends from different industries
- The resilience and autonomy to manage multiple projects, deadlines and freelancers simultaneously and retain a positive attitude
- The flexibility to work with teams and clients on multiple timezones
- Strong commercial awareness
- A US-based strategist will work frequently with our clients and teams in the US and will be expected to contribute insights on the diversity of US consumers, in addition to global work and collaboration with our UK head office
- A positive, can-do attitude with the humility and flexibility to be responsive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- A problem solver with the ability to think creatively and help clients understand the value of using Stylus as an innovation tool
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to become a trusted partner to our clients
- Proficient in MS Office applications and Keynote
Stylus recognises the impact an inclusive workforce has on driving innovation. We are committed to nurturing a team that is representative of all sections of society, and for each employee to feel respected, regardless of differences in race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, protected veteran status, age and ethnic background, as well as differences in lifestyle and experience.