In this episode, Stylus' US editor Emilia Morano-Williams discusses how sexual wellness is becoming a booming industry, and the opportunities it offers for beauty brands in particular. With Sam Freedman – co-founder and CEO of Curate Beauty, and Lisa Payne – senior editor of Beauty at Stylus.
Guests on this Episode
Sam Freedman is co-founder and chief executive of Curate Beauty, a UK-based wholesale marketplace platform specialising in indie beauty, wellbeing and lifestyle brands.
Lisa Payne is senior editor of Beauty at Stylus.
Episode Discussion Points
- Curate Beauty's mission [1:13]
- How sex is becoming a potent topic for brands to engage with [4:01]
- How have consumer attitudes to sex changed in the past 12 months? [5:28]
- Why are smaller, independent brands dominating this space? [7:07]
- What trends are on the rise in sexual wellness? [8:29]
- What advice would you give brands entering this market? [14:23]
"There's a lot of really lovely experimentation in tincture, balms and salves and personal bodycare products that are looking at amazing ingredients – adaptogens, CBD, lovely organic natural ingredients – that can help with stimulation, arousal and connectivity." [8:40]
"As the next generation [of consumers] come in, I think that it's so important that sustainability, a great looking brand, a great story, the ingredients – the whole thing comes together to make something more appealing than generations before." [13:26]
"[Established brands should] utilise their audience. If they've got an incredible customer base, tap into that and ask them what they want and what they expect to see – really utilise that." [14:40]