Graduate Business Development Executive
Location: UK 🇬🇧
How to apply: Please submit your application with CV and either covering letter or video introducing yourself and why you are suited to the role.
Stylus is a leading consumer trends and innovation research company with offices in London, New York, Australia, Brazil and Japan. We're seeking a Business Development Executive to be responsible for proactively identifying and engaging with prospective clients, working closely with Senior Business Development Managers across a client base of agencies, fashion brands, media owners, automotive, lifestyle and creative companies.
- Market research to identify best people to contact within prospective client companies – ‘decision-makers’ – understanding their needs and selling benefits
- Proactively interact with prospective clients via telephone and email and document these communications clearly within the CRM system
- Ability to articulate the Stylus product offering and how it can be used as a business tool, knowing the most relevant types of report examples for particular prospect types and the relevant customer case studies to share
- Work to quarterly sales and meetings targets
- Manage all inbound sales enquiries for your region, dealing directly or passing to relevant specialist / existing account owner
The ideal candidate will have some b2b sales experience (for example, telesales, part of your university's alumni telephone fundraising team, sports club membership sales or PR experience) in addition to:
- Results driven, motivated and passionate about sales
- Superior oral communication skills, excellent written skills and engaging presentation skills, with the ability to adapt any scripted communications to a specific conversation and react quickly to questions
- A high degree of professionalism and organisational skills, used to multi-tasking and managing own workload and throughput
- A self-starter with a high level of self-motivation and desire to improve
- A high degree of intellectual curiosity; the ability to take disparate reports and create an engaging ‘story’ for a client
- Demonstrable on-going interest in innovation and trends in the creative consumer industries, marketing, brand and design related disciplines
- Resourceful, self-motivated, competitive and ambitious
- Enjoy working to sales targets
- Great academic record, strong analytical skills, high achievers
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Fluent in French, Italian or German a bonus but not essential
- Candidates will need to have the right to work in the UK at the time of appointment
Stylus recognises the impact an inclusive workforce has on driving innovation. We are committed to nurturing a team that is representative of all sections of society, and for each employee to feel respected, regardless of differences in race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, protected veteran status, age and ethnic background, as well as differences in lifestyle and experience.