Head of Digital
Location: UK 🇬🇧
How to apply: Please submit your application with CV and either covering letter.
Stylus is seeking a Head of Digital to own all aspects of digital marketing for the purposes of supporting business growth through increased new business and greater customer retention. At the same time, they will be a passionate technologist and digital advocate across the entire business. The candidate must be an experienced marketer with an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of digital marketing – including SEM, PPC, CRO, as well as website optimisation and working with IT teams to drive improvements. The individual will be responsible for developing a digital strategy that interprets the wider marketing strategy and business goals into digital specifics. They will be both hands-on and keen to retain their ability to execute, whilst also having a head for strategy and an ambition to embrace forward thinking digital techniques. This role will work closely with the Head of Brand Marketing and Head of CRM to create a senior team reporting to the CMO.
- Develop digital marketing strategy that interprets broader marketing strategy to deliver growth across new business and retention
- Identify opportunities to drive efficiency improvements through technology and deep integrations
- Understand how data flows across the business and be a chief proponent of the use of analytics to drive business decisions
- Deep understanding of various technologies and systems and the ability to develop and deliver a tech stack plan to support the entire business
- Conduct data analysis against performance metrics to demonstrate commercial and business health
- Set paid media performance targets and manage external paid media support
- Carry out SEO analysis and undertake performance actions to improve organic site performance across all Stylus websites
- Coordinate website strategy and work with both internal and external designers and digital team to deliver website improvements and launches
- Act as a key part of the strategic steering committee around use of technology in the business and the ongoing development of both the website and member’s portal
- Undertake website analysis on marketing websites and logged in website to improve CRO and customer engagement levels.
- Provide support with CMS management
- Support wider marketing team to ensure appropriate tracking and reporting is in place to collate, analyse and interpret relevant KPI data
- Manage Data and Digital Insights Manager, and Salesforce Administrator
- BA/BSc required
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant digital marketing experience and team management
- Technical experience in SEO tracking and optimisation
- Knowledge of paid media techniques and channels
- Strong project management and planning skills – able to juggle several campaigns and projects at once
- Experience with digital marketing software and systems – such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Tag Manager, LinkedIn Ads, SEM Rush, AHRefs, BuzzSumo, and alike
- Detailed understanding of digital marketing techniques - such as Search Engine Optimisation, Conversion Rate Optimisation, and Paid Media
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; ability to present self professionally and intelligently to internal colleagues, stakeholders, and clients
- Understanding of data analytics and tracking
- Ability to prepare, analyse and present statistical information
- Ability to create and implement marketing plans, with a proven track record of success
- Capable of building strong internal relationships and being an advocate for the use of digital technologies
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter; this individual must be adaptable, persuasive, tenacious and perceptive and be able to execute a well-developed plan
Stylus recognises the impact an inclusive workforce has on driving innovation. We are committed to nurturing a team that is representative of all sections of society, and for each employee to feel respected, regardless of differences in race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, protected veteran status, age and ethnic background, as well as differences in lifestyle and experience.