Intersport’s Tech-Led Beijing Store
Swiss sporting goods retailer Intersport has partnered with Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba’s Tmall on a co-branded concept store in Beijing capturing online and offline shopping experiences.
The two-storey, 1,300 sq m Tmall x Intersport store has many state-of-the-art technologies and interactive features.
- A Smart Shoe Shelf instantly shares product information on a screen as shoppers pull a shoe from the shelf.
- The AI Shopping Assistant interactive mirror provides wardrobe tips and recommends related items that complement the clothing consumers are trying on.
- A 24/7 interactive window display at the main entrance allows people to shop around the clock. By using motion-sensor technology, the giant screen wall can distinguish the gender and approximate age of passers-by and recommend the best shoes.
- By scanning the QR code of a product on their phones, customers can place the products in their virtual shopping bag, so they can still buy the item online after they leave the store.
- Next-day delivery (within two hours on the same day in Beijing) to any address in China for consumers who don’t want to carry bags.
With 24 stores in China, Intersport plans to reach 100 shops over the next few years, echoing the rising interest in sportswear in China. Sales of athletic wear are forecast to grow 9% annually between 2017 and 2020, versus just 4% for men’s and women’s fashion, according to consulting firm PwC.
All technologies are powered by Alibaba’s New Retail division. See Uni-Commerce: Chinese Retail Focus for more.