Power Girls: Giving Feminism a Modern Upgrade
Women around the world are giving feminism a fierce, fearless and thoroughly modern upgrade. They are banding together in work, play and protest to uplift each other in a powerful – and profitable – cultural movement.
Below is a small sample of the insights available to Stylus members in our full Power Girls trend report.
Complete the form below to find out how you can access in-depth reports on the most important emerging consumer lifestyle trends.
The Hard Facts
- 76% of women say there’s never been a better time to be female
- In the US, 38% of new businesses are started by women
- 66% of women say sexual fulfilment is important to them
- 63% of women would watch more adult-themed content if it were more female-friendly
- 89% of female entrepreneurs expect growing or stable profits in the next year
Women are feeling angry and let down by the lack of progress towards gender equality, and alarmed by increased and intense objectification of their bodies.
- Self-starting Businesswomen
Growing numbers of women are starting their own companies and turning to female-driven platforms for funding. In many countries, female entrepreneurs are more ambitious and more successful than their male counterparts (BNP Paribas, 2016).
- Together, Stronger
Women are coming together at female-only social and co-working clubs such as The Wing and New Women Space. These exclusive members' clubs let women amplify their voices, enhance their professional skills and benefit from a community network of support.
- Rebel Feminists
While 76% of women globally say there's never been a better time to be female, they believe there's still work to do when it comes to gender equality (JWT, 2016). In response, they're staging digital and street protests, and embracing initiatives that break the stigma around menstruation and female sexuality.
Want more insights?
Find out how you can become a Stylus member and access the full-length Power Girls report. Complete the form and we will be in touch shortly.
Membership enables real-time access to Stylus reports, images and analysis as they are published. It provides the latest research into conceptual and emerging trends globally and across industries, specifically with a view to understanding their impact on and application to business.
Stylus members get access to:
- 300+ cross-industry reports published annually
- Coverage of 130+ leading trade shows and key industry events
- 50 in-house analysts and industry experts, supported by 100+ contributors
- On-demand support from a dedicated client services manager
- Exclusive, members-only biannual Innovation Forums
- Monthly webinars presented by our in-house analysts
- Access to Stylus Advisory