We use cookies to give you the best personal experience on our website. If you continue to use our site without changing your cookie settings, you agree we may place these cookies on your device. You can change your cookie settings at any time but if you do , you may lose some functionality on our website . More information can be found in our privacy policy.
Please provide more information.
Stylus no longer supports Internet Explorer 7, 8 or 9. Please upgrade to IE 11, Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Edge. This will ensure you have the best possible experience on the site.
Brief Published: 15 Feb 2019

Preview: Luxe Pack Los Angeles – Sustainable Explorations

Packaging by Verescence, Coverpla and Golden Arrow

Global packaging trade show Luxe Pack is returning to Los Angeles for the second time (February 27-28). Exhibitors and speakers will focus on delivering to a consumer who craves a luxury experience, and expects uncompromised sustainability.

This year’s Luxe Pack LA will bring together 75 packaging specialists, plus 115 additional related exhibitors via the MakeUp In beauty trade show, which will run concurrently. The conference programme will see beauty brands discussing how the Clean and Green Movement has led to consumers actively seeking out natural products, while exhibitors will present the latest developments in sustainable packaging.

American manufacturer Golden Arrow will present its innovations in sustainable moulded fibre packaging made from fast-growing and renewable bamboo and bagasse – the dry, pulpy residue left over from the extraction of juice from sugar cane.

French glass manufacturer Verescence will showcase its bottle for Bulgari Man’s Wood Essence fragrance, made from the first premium and completely clear recycled glass. The patented production process comprises 25% post-consumer recycled glass (PCR), 65% in-house cullet (crushed glass ready for remelting) – a total of 90% recycled materials – and 10% raw materials.­

More glass innovation comes from a collaboration between French packaging company Coverpla and Italian glass producer Bormiolo Luigi. Their new Ecoline bottles and pots are made from a lightweight glass, making them 40% lighter than similarly sized glass containers, enabling a 60% reduction in carbon dioxide emissions across the supply chain (compared to plastic or blown or pressed glass).

Supply chains will increasingly be scrutinised as blockchain technology offers more transparency. Exploring how to make this insight meaningful, speakers from indie suncare brand Coola Cosmetics, research firm The Benchmarking Company and law firm Locke Lord will dive into how blockchain could be the key to connecting with conscious consumers. For more, see What Businesses Need to Know about Blockchain.

Stylus will be kicking off Luxe Pack LA’s two-day conference roster on Wednesday February 27 with a rundown of key creative Design Directions for Spring/Summer 2020, presented by our US-based Colour & Design strategist Claire Walsh.