Resort 2018 Influencer Show: Valentino
Pierpaolo Piccioli scored a home run with his sports-infused, hip-hop-inspired Resort collection, combining down-to-earth styling with his iconic brand of delectable femininity.
The collection was a masterclass in cross-cultural reference points, from the athletic-piped, zipped and poppered detailing that defined Piccioli’s easy track-themed silhouettes, to the delicate lace in-fills and Zandra Rhodes boudoir lipstick prints.
And it was luxe sports all the way, from the hammered silks and striped furs to the butter-soft leathers, silk velvet and technical jerseys, elevating washed denim and casual drills into another stratosphere.
Colour, too, combined those essential sports references – think malachite, burgundy and black – with uplifting spring-like accents of pretty primrose, geranium, forget-me-not and buddleia green, while candy pink and hot fuchsia added a girly kick.
Rounded shoulderlines and swishing panelled track pants added a new sense of soft volume to silhouettes, along with easy-cut letterman jackets, flared hem blousons and drawstring track dresses, while Piccioli’s signature lace midi dresses added another dimension to the mix.
Accessories and footwear included squishy Rockstud slides, corded thongs and mink flip-flops, infusing looks with a contradictory street-style sense of uptown luxe. Watch for the high street picking up on the new pastel Rockstud purse bags with white stud detailing.
NEED TO KNOW:
- Hip-hop and sports references combined with luxe femininity
- A palette of sports darks and a bouquet of pretty spring pastels
- Luxe silks, lace, leather and fur with washed denim, casual drills and technical jersey
- Contrasting sports detailing – think white zips, poppers and piping
- Soft, rounded volume, fluid track-pant shapes, midi lengths and demure necklines
- Influencer footwear includes pastel Rockstud slides and fur flip-flops