Sales Development Representative
Location: NYC, USA 🇺🇸
How to apply: Please submit your application with CV and either covering letter or video introducing yourself and why you are suited to the role.
Stylus is a leading consumer trends and innovation research company with offices in London, New York, Australia, Brazil and Japan. We are looking for a Sales Development Representative who will be responsible for proactively identifying and engaging with prospective clients to introduce Stylus and set-up meetings on behalf of Business Development Managers.
- Understand the profile of Stylus’ customer base and target markets and identify/prioritise the most likely prospects (customer competitors, similar size/nature businesses, key markets/business attributes, key job functions)
- Market research to identify best people to contact within prospective client companies – ‘decision-makers’ – understanding their needs and how Stylus can benefit them
- Proactively interact with prospective clients via telephone and email and document these communications clearly within the CRM system
- Ability to articulate Stylus product offering and how it can be used as a business tool, knowing the most relevant types of report examples for particular prospect types and the relevant customer case studies to share
- Secure 90 meetings per quarter for US Business Development Managers
- Manage all inbound sales enquiries for your region, dealing directly or passing to relevant specialist / existing account owner
- 1-2 years’ experience in a related role ideally gained in a design or marketing agency, familiarity with a CRM / sales automation system
- Superior oral communication skills, excellent written skills and engaging presentation skills, with the ability to adapt any scripted communications to a specific conversation and react quickly to questions
- Demonstrable on-going interest in innovation and trends in the creative consumer industries, marketing, brand and design related disciplines
- A high degree of professionalism and organisational skills, used to multi- tasking and managing own workload and throughput
- A self-starter with a high level of self-motivation and desire to improve
- A high degree of intellectual curiosity; the ability to take disparate reports and create an engaging ‘story’ for a client
Stylus recognises the impact an inclusive workforce has on driving innovation. We are committed to nurturing a team that is representative of all sections of society, and for each employee to feel respected, regardless of differences in race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, protected veteran status, age and ethnic background, as well as differences in lifestyle and experience.