Social Media Manager
Location: London, UK
How to apply: Please submit your application with CV and either covering letter or video introducing yourself and why you are suited to the role.
Stylus is a leading consumer trends and innovation research company with offices in London, New York, Australia, Brazil and Japan. We’re seeking a Social Media Manager to develop and own the Stylus social media strategy. The role will be responsible for managing all Stylus social media channels and executing against a plan to grow our audiences and deepen the engagement to build a genuine community. The candidate will be an expert in all main social media channels, community management, organic growth and content creation, as well as the ability to address continually changing business and market conditions. This will include a data orientated approach combined with a creative mindset to optimise all organic and community content.
- Build and manage the company's social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, and potentially additional channels
- Research, analyse and test which social media sites and forums target customers use and what type of content they engage with
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to both spread our brand and our content and links
- Offer internal training and support for other social media stakeholders as part of brand strategy
- Listen and engage in relevant social discussion about our company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing customers and leads and from brand new audiences that don't yet know us
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success, ranging from Twitter chats to LinkedIn conversations, as well as the content and links posted through these and other channels
- Manage a social content feed across planned activity – alongside Marketing Campaign Manager and Content Marketing Manager; proactive activity – identifying opportunities to position Stylus as a thought leader in key conversations, and reactive activity - responding to inbound requests and sharing Stylus content with our network
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence
- Explore new ways to engage and new social networks to develop an active, valuable and growing community.
- Degree-level qualification
- A minimum of 5 years of social media marketing experience
- Active and have a well-rounded personal presence on social media, with a command of each network and their best practices
- A passionate and natural communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions
- Proficiency in all main social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, plus an awareness of changing trends and new platforms
- Multi-task oriented with desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter, challenger, strategic planner, analytical thinker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adept at building relationships internally
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter; this individual must be adaptable, persuasive, tenacious and perceptive and be able to execute a well-developed plan.
Stylus recognises the impact an inclusive workforce has on driving innovation. We are committed to nurturing a team that is representative of all sections of society, and for each employee to feel respected, regardless of differences in race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, protected veteran status, age and ethnic background, as well as differences in lifestyle and experience.