< Back to Careers
Business Development Manager
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key responsibilities Required skills & qualifications Apply now
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for taking the lead in the development of new business opportunities that support Stylus’ growth strategy. The role will suit someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, passion for sales and a proven track record of success.
- Research and develop relevant leads to contact using your own network and search capabilities and our internal CRM
- Develop new business opportunities with potential clients
- Understand a business’ development, innovation and growth needs and pitch Stylus products as a solution to those needs.
- Develop and maintain a robust, targeted deal pipeline to continuously grow the business and generate sales.
- Book and attend a minimum of 20 first meetings per month
- Research, establish and build influential relationships with client decision makers at management and C-suite levels
- Maintain consistent sales growth by continuously establishing new accounts
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales
- Attend conferences, events and professional association meetings to promote Stylus’ product solutions and identify new prospects
- Track and record systematically sales activity in Salesforce and review regularly performance vs targets
Required skills & qualifications
- Proven experience as a business development or sales manager
- Energetic and charismatic storyteller – ability to bring content and solutions to life
- Proven track record of generating new business sales and hitting targets
- An experienced solution-seller with minimum 5-10 years b2b sales experience
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Strong communication, written, verbal and negotiation skills
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Results-oriented, commercially savvy solution seller
- Resilient self-starter, sales “hunter” able to work in a team and autonomously