Business Development Manager
Location: London / New York
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for taking the lead in the development of new business opportunities that support Stylus’ growth strategy. The role will suit someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, passion for sales and a proven track record of success.
- Generate revenue through selling Stylus' products and services into different industry verticals against set monthly and quarterly targets
- Research and develop relevant leads to contact using your own network, research capabilities and Stylus' internal CRM
- Understand a business’ development, innovation and growth needs and pitch Stylus products as a solution to those needs.
- Develop and maintain a robust, targeted new business pipeline to continuously grow the business and generate sales
- Book and attend a minimum of 20 first meetings per month
- Research, establish and build influential relationships with client decision makers at management and C-suite levels
- Maintain consistent sales growth by continuously establishing new accounts
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales
- Attend conferences, events and professional association meetings to promote Stylus’ product solutions and identify new prospects
- Track and record sales activity in Salesforce and review performance vs targets regularly
Required skills & qualifications
- Proven experience as a business development or sales professional, driven by getting results
- Energetic and charismatic storyteller with the ability to bring content and solutions to life
- Proven track record of generating new business sales and hitting targets
- Experienced and commercially savvy solution-seller with minimum 5-10 years b2b sales experience
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Strong communication, written, verbal and negotiation skills
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Resilient self-starter, sales “hunter” able to work in a team and autonomously