To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
We’re looking for a talented writer with an eye for the next big thing to join our Content team as Retail Editor.
This role supports the Head of Retail on all aspects of research, development, writing, commissioning freelancers and editing. You can expect to engage in client-facing meetings and work on broadcast content.
You’ll have the enthusiasm, knowledge, cultural smarts and industry expertise to help develop one of Stylus’ key content sections dedicated to tracking the insights and innovations affecting retail and brand culture. Exceptional ideas generation, writing, visual analysis and presentation skills are essential. You’ll also have at least three-four years’ experience working within retail, publishing or trend forecasting, which means that you’ll bring a thorough, strategic working knowledge of all aspects of this sector – including brand design, marketing concepts and digital commerce.
But you will be so much more than that!
- A curious researcher, looking for answers in undiscovered places
- A creative problem solver who will thrive in a fast-paced community
- A wordsmith who is able to communicate concepts to our clients clearly and elegantly
- Commercially minded
- A passion for trends and innovation
- Ability to mentor and edit others’ work
- Tapped into the zeitgeist, with an in-depth knowledge of cultural, social and technological change
- A genuine passion for retail and brand culture, and understanding of its vital role within the creative sector
- A proactive networker with great contacts and heaps of enthusiasm
If this sounds like you please send a cover letter, CV and details of your current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include writing samples and a list of three influences/directions that you think are currently shaping the retail landscape.