Senior Marketing Executive
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
We’re looking for a Senior Marketing Executive to develop and execute the marketing strategy for Decoded Future: our global innovation summit. With a proven track record in events marketing, you’ll be a natural organiser and an expert communicator. You’ll also used to be working across multiple channels, dealing with data, and writing scintillating copy – not to mention working with external partners.
Working alongside the Marketing Director and Event Director, the Senior Marketing Executive is responsible for defining and executing the strategic marketing plans for the Stylus annual innovation summits; Decoded Future.
The Senior Marketing Executive role is responsible for driving ticket sales and delegate interest, supporting in driving sponsorship leads and driving Stylus client registrations. They will ensure Decoded Future is fully maximised as a marketing tool for obtaining new Stylus clients and retaining existing clients as well as achieving the commercial goals for the event.
Marketing planning and implementation
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the creation of the marketing plan and execution of the marketing campaign across all channels including: website, email, social, digital, PR, print, indirect (media partners and exhibitors’ and speakers’ own channels) etc.
- Manage the design, production and distribution of event marketing assets
- Write and proof copy for a range of marketing platforms & materials
- Manage and segment data, identifying gaps and researching new data sources
- Manage relationships with existing partners and identify new partners to increase marketing reach
- Work with the rest of the marketing team plus in-house teams to deliver plans
- Devise ticketing strategies and tactics to ensure revenue goals are achieved
- Maintain event websites to the highest standard and update when required
- Support and implement automated campaigns: landing page creation, email builds, work flows and reporting
- Responsible for creating and overseeing implementation of the Decoded Future social media strategy to amplify the brand message, drive advocacy and lead generation
Reporting and analysis
- Measure and adapt all marketing related activities against commercial and strategic goals on an ongoing basis
- Reports regularly to the team on delegate numbers and revenue
- Conducts post event analysis
- Effectively manage the event marketing budgets
- Carry out competitor analysis to identify potential threats and opportunities
- Develop and produce marketing materials which support the sales team efforts and effectively enable the sales team to articulate our products and services
- Working closely with the sales teams to ensure key objectives and initiatives are aligned and with clear lines of communications.
Required skills & qualifications
- A minimum of two years B2B event marketing experience
- Experience of a marketing automation platform desirable (Marketo or Hubspot preferred)
- Experience of a CMS system (WordPress preferred)
- Experience of using ticketing systems
- Ensure stakeholders understand and buy in to plans
- Supply regular weekly and monthly updates
- Present and contribute in event / marketing / content meetings
- Regularly share information / ideas / feedback to key stakeholders
- Work closely with key stakeholders to take full advantage of opportunities for improved communication and product development
- Ensure that all communications reflect the brand values and the market in which they serve
- Ensure all communications are in-line with the agreed specific marketing / PR strategy
- Achieve a high quality and cost-effective service from suppliers
- Maximise opportunities for cross promotion
- Excellent at planning: clear, measurable plans understood by teams
- Excellent at working quickly, efficiently and well organised
- Superb copywriting skills
- Excellent at cost control
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent at monitoring key measures
- Effective at learning and growing from experience
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal, combined with a high-level of self-motivation, an innovative approach to problem-solving and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Proactive team player, flexible, capable of turning around work to tight deadlines
- Works well with teams and is liked, valued and respected