Chief Marketing Officer
Closing Date: February 12
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Stylus for an experienced marketing specialist to join our senior leadership team as Chief Marketing Officer (CMO). The CMO will oversee all marketing operations and develop the company’s marketing strategy, leading the Stylus marketing team to deliver outstanding results.
You will have responsibility for planning, developing, implementing and monitoring Stylus’ global marketing strategy, including brand positioning and awareness, lead generation and nurturing, PR, partnerships, events and the customer journey.
You will lead the Stylus marketing team in building Stylus into a globally recognised brand, adopting a “customer first” mentality whilst ensuring optimal marketing ROI and improved attribution metrics. You will also play a leading role in ensuring annual revenue and growth targets are achieved.
You will sit on the Executive Board of Stylus and report in to the Chief Operating Officer.
Strategic Planning & Implementation
- Define, develop and execute Stylus’ global marketing strategy to support the company’s growth acceleration plan
- Act as both architect and steward of the Stylus brand to improve awareness• Align the organisation around a “customer-first” mentality and utilise customer insights to inform strategy, pricing and product development
- Identify market opportunities and challenges that can assist the Stylus leadership team with making forward-looking decisions that will grow the business’ customer base
- Oversee integration of events offering into core Stylus brand, and develop a plan to optimise commercial output
- Ensure partnerships and collaborative content projects with associations, third parties and clients who have an audience which is relevant to Stylus
- Oversee PR, social media (organic and paid), and handle corporate communications to deliver a brand-consistent messaging and lead generation
Financial Management & Marketing Attribution
- Own the marketing budget and ensure ROI on marketing spend
- Determine KPIs for the marketing department, track them on a regular basis and present progress reports to the CEO, COO and Executive Board
- Develop and optimise the Marketing Operations function to enable marketing to operate efficiently, to deliver value, and to scale with quality and consistency
- Make data-driven decisions to support commercial goals
- Improve conversion rates across the entirety of the customer lifecycle to ensure new business, retention and cross-sell goals are met or exceede
Cross-Departmental Communication & Collaboration
- Work alongside commercial directors to ensure that the company’s sales and marketing strategies are aligned
- Be the organisational ‘glue’ to guide a unified approach to marketing and branding across the company
- Ensure effective use of Marketing Technology across the business (e.g. Marketo and Salesforce)
- Work closely with all department heads to ensure inter-department co-operation and collaboration on key projects
- Meet on a monthly basis as part of the Executive Board of the business to ensure cross-departmental communication and that the company’s overarching vision and mission are achieved
- Line manage the marketing team
- Set team goals, objectives and KPIs
- Provide continual support and guidance
- Develop and grow the team in line with strategic business goals
Required skills & qualifications
- Ability to balance creative thinking and idea generation with a pragmatic, data-driven, strategic approach to achieving business goals
- Experience working with varied marketing teams across a diverse range of marketing disciplines (Including Marketing Operations, PR & Partnerships, Content Marketing, Events, Inbound and Outbound, etc.)
- Demonstrable experience in the marketing of business intelligence products, particularly to consumer industries and/or advertising and media companies
- Strong people management and leadership skills, with a flexible and adaptable management style, and the ability to lead by example and inspire confidence
- Excellent collaborator with "roll up your sleeves" management approach
- Experience working cross-functionally to ensure marketing programs are in-line with company objectives
- Proven track-record in building brand awareness and recognition
- Customer-centric approach; keen ability to identify and meet customer needs
- Results-driven, creative, accountable, self-motivated, confident and enthusiastic
- Open to change and challenge, with a flexible approach to problem-solving
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, alongside strong presentation skills
- 10+ plus years' experience in senior management positions in varied business and industry settings
- Educated to at least degree level or equivalent in Marketing or a similar relevant field (additional marketing certifications are a plus)
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.