VIDEO: Millennials & Tattoos
Stylus’ Beauty editor Lisa Payne explores tattoos and their place within the creative beauty and body art industries. The upcoming report New Ink: Millennials & Tattoos will look specifically at how millennial attitudes are shaping tattoo culture and new trends.
- Where tattoos once formed a part of deviant subculture, millennials see getting inked as a normal expression of individuality
- New trends in design and application – such as single needle and stick ‘n’ poke – are generating more demand for tattoos
- Sought-after tattoo artists establish cult status and can offer brands cool cultural cache
- Forget hiding tattoos, new placements – such as on the arms, legs and face – bolster this new proud-to-show-off attitude
- The temporary tattoo market grows with increased demand – especially for Gen Z consumers, who value fluidity and changeability more than their older counterparts.