Neutral Works: 360° Hybrid Wellbeing Concept Store, Tokyo
Tokyo-based multi-brand sportswear manufacturer and retailer Goldwin has opened a hybrid ‘remedy hub’/concept store in which all retail and gym elements are anchored in the benefits of achieving a neutral body-mind state. The premise, according to the brand, is that neutrality is the key to unlocking inner power.
Located in Tokyo’s upscale shopping district of Gaienmae, the Neutral Works flagship encompasses four key components: workout clothes/equipment, nutrition, scientific ‘recovery services’ and educational workshops.
- On level one, a café/bar offers recovery-aiding hydrogen-enriched water, coffee, tea and freshly prepared recovery-boosting shakes, juices and superfood meals.
- Levels one and two both display workout gear corresponding to specific sports. Indoor sports and general athleisure (yoga, gym and lifestyle) sections live on level one, with outdoor-focused brands Run, Swim and Training residing on level two.
- Level three features a gym with lockers and shower rooms plus a medical team supervising Recovery, Maintenance and Training sports services. Powering up the concept, visitors can train in a low-oxygen chamber, recharge at a hydrogen inhalation station or take part in a stretching class. They can also relax in the Bio-Photon room – an electromagnetic light therapy space designed to neutralise ‘chaotic energy streams’ and expedite healing processes.
- In future there are plans to introduce an area dedicated to nurturing high-quality sleep patterns.
- Workshops around the company’s new wellbeing focus are held in the experimentation lab on the fourth floor.